Trump dials again confidence on reaching cope with Iran | DW News
Hopes for a swift end to the Iran war are fading. On Sunday, US President Donald Trump said a framework agreement with Iran had been largely negotiated. Yet a few hours later, he told US negotiators "not to rush" into a deal. The Trump administration insisted that the US blockade on the Strait of Hormuz would remain in place until a deal has been reached. Iran, for its part, is insisting it will still control the waterway. Tehran says its priorities are avoiding fresh US attacks and ending the conflict between Israel and Hezbollah in Lebanon
DW Speaks to Siavush Randjbar-Daemi, Middle East analyst and Lecturer at the University of St. Andrews.
Chapter Breakdown
0:00 US slowing down again on a deal with Iran
0:34 Interview with Middle East analyst Siavush Randjbar-Daemi: Where do talks stand?
1:46 What are the main sticking points in US–Iran negotiations?
3:03 Why is control of the Strait of Hormuz so contested?
5:15 Interview with security analyst Sara Bazoobandi, Kiel University – Is a deal realistic?
5:41 Why are both sides still far apart in negotiations?
6:58 Can Iran afford to give up its leverage?
8:03 Nuclear talks: Is a 60-day timeline realistic?
#dwcurrentaffairs #iranwar #straitofhormuz
For more news go to: http://www.dw.com/en/
Follow DW on social media:
►Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/dwnews
►TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@dwnews
►Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/deutschewellenews/
►Twitter: https://twitter.com/dwnews
Für Videos in deutscher Sprache besuchen Sie: https://www.youtube.com/dwdeutsch
Subscribe: https://www.youtube.com/user/deutschewelleenglish?sub_confirmation=1

