Israel-Iran newest: Trump sends Tehran warning after nuclear websites focused by Israeli strikes
Donald Trump has told Iran to reach a deal with the US “before it is too late” after pre-dawn strikes by the IDF hit Tehran’s nuclear sites and killed top military commanders.
Israel said 200 fighter jets took part in strikes on more than 100 targets in Iran overnight in an escalation that threatens to spark a wider conflict in the Middle East. Iran has launched more than 100 drones towards Israel in response.
Negotiations between Washington and Tehran over Iran’s nuclear operations have stalled in recent weeks. In a lengthy Truth Social post, Trump said he “gave a chance” to Iran to make a deal but that they “couldn’t get it done”. It is unclear whether further talks due to take place in Oman on Sunday will go ahead.
The Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps confirmed its chief, General Hossein Salami, was killed in the attack. Chief of staff of the armed forces Major General Mohammad Bagheri and at least two nuclear scientists were also killed.
“Iran must make a deal, before there is nothing left, and save what was once known as the Iranian Empire. No more death, no more destruction, JUST DO IT, BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE,” Trump added.
Iran’s supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, threatened “severe punishment” in retaliation as Western leaders called for both sides to de-escalate.
Breaking: Trump tells Iran to ‘make a deal before it is too late’
Donald Trump has told Iran to “make a deal before ” if it wants to “save what was once known as the Iranian empire”.
The US president is referring to the nuclear deal which negotiators from Washington and Tehran have been working to hash out in recent weeks – and which experts have suggested Israel is seeking to scupper by striking Iran.
Here is what he said on Truth Social:
I gave Iran chance after chance to make a deal. I told them, in the strongest of words, to “just do it,” but no matter how hard they tried, no matter how close they got, they just couldn’t get it done.
I told them it would be much worse than anything they know, anticipated, or were told, that the United States makes the best and most lethal military equipment anywhere in the World, BY FAR, and that Israel has a lot of it, with much more to come – And they know how to use it.
Certain Iranian hardliner’s spoke bravely, but they didn’t know what was about to happen. They are all DEAD now, and it will only get worse!
There has already been great death and destruction, but there is still time to make this slaughter, with the next already planned attacks being even more brutal, come to an end.
Iran must make a deal, before there is nothing left, and save what was once known as the Iranian Empire. No more death, no more destruction, JUST DO IT, BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE. God Bless You All!

Oil prices surge as a result of Israeli strikes
Prices in both gold and oil are surging following Israel’s overnight strikes on Iran which has escalated the risk of war.
Iran exports more than 1.5m barrels of oil a day and could impose an effective block on supply if they close the major shipping route, the Strait of Hormuz.
The price of crude oil shot up early on this morning. Brent crude oil jumped to just under $76 a barrel before dropping back somewhat, now at $71.65 to show a 4.7 per cent rise.
Crude oil is still 5 per cent up having also hit $75 earlier.
Everything you need to know so far
Let’s bring you up to speed on everything that has happened today so far, as the world reacts with concern to a major escalation between Iran and Israel.
- Israel launched trikes against targets in Iran at around 3am local time (1am UK time), and warned citizens in the country to prepare for a missile attack in retaliation.
- Israeli prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu vowed the operation, named Operation Rising Lion, would continue for “many days”. He claimed Iran has taken steps towards weaponising enriched uranium.
- Several Iranian commanders and scientists were killed in the strikes, according to the Israeli military. This includes Hossein Salami, chief of Iran’s Revolutionary Guard.
- Iran has fired around 100 drones in response. an Israeli military official said it has intercepted many of these but that some are still Israel-bound. The situation is said to be under control, the official said.
- There have so far been no reports of civilian casualties in the strikes, but reports are still emerging from on the ground.
- World leaders have called on Israel and Iran to exercise restraint to prevent an all-out war. This includes leaders from the across Europe, along with Russia and China.
- Later on Friday, reports are emerging that Israel has continued strikes on Iran. Unconfirmed reports in Iranian media state Israel has struck Iran’s northwestern city of Tabriz.

Pictured: Iranian military figures Israel claims to have killed
Israel claims to have killed three senior military figures during its strikes on Iran overnight.
From left to right, they are:
- Commander of Khatam al-Anbiya (Emergency Command), Gholam-Ali Rashid
- Commander of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps, Hossein Salami
- Chief of Staff of the Armed Forces of the Iranian regime, Mohammad Hossein Bagheri

Breaking: Israel issues renewed strike, Iranian media reports
Israel has issued a renewed strike on Iran, Fars News has reported.
The unconfirmed report stated Israel has struck Iran’s northwestern city of Tabriz.
We’ll bring you all the latest on this live blog.
Israel intercepts Iranian drones
Israel has lifted restrictions on its population as it says Iran’s retaliatory fire of more than 100 drones.
Sirens were activated at around 3am local time (1am BST) and civilians were told to stay near bomb shelters, but a military official has said localised alerts can now be sent after a number of the drones were intercepted.
Some drones remain on course to Israel, the official added.
Starmer: Escalation serves no one in the region
Keir Starmer has described reports of Israeli strikes on Iran as “concerning”.
He said on X: “The reports of these strikes are concerning and we urge all parties to step back and reduce tensions urgently.
“Escalation serves no one in the region. Stability in the Middle East must be the priority and we are engaging partners to de-escalate. Now is the time for restraint, calm and a return to diplomacy.”
Israeli strikes targeted missiles pointing towards Israel, military official says
We’ve just heard from an official in the Israeli military, who gave a press briefing on the overnight strikes on Iran.
The strikes targeted Iranian ballistic missiles which were pointing towards Israel among other targets, the official said.
Depending on the Iranian response, the operation may go on for a number of days, he said, adding that Israeli pilots returned safely to Israel following the attacks.
Watch: Israeli military releases footage showing strike on Iran’s air defense system
Israeli strikes designed to scupper US-Iran nuclear talks, says expert
Israel’s strikes were “clearly designed to scupper” talks on a nuclear deal between the US and Iran, the director of international affairs think tank Chatham House said.
“It also shows that Israeli prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu is not much concerned with the views of Washington, which he appears to have disregarded,” Bronwen Maddox added.
“The attacks will risk destabilising the region depending on Iran’s response. There is concern across the Gulf that Iran may choose to hit back not just at Israel but at neighbours who are close to the US.
“The strikes could destabilise Syria where the success of the new government – or otherwise – will affect the wider region.”
Source: independent.co.uk

