David and Victoria Beckham placed on united entrance with all however considered one of their kids amid Brooklyn feud

David and Victoria Beckham were joined at a fashion event in Paris today by three of their four children, a week after their son Brooklyn went public with a bombshell statement about their estranged relationship.

Brooklyn’s siblings Romeo, Cruz and Harper, appeared alongside their parents at Haute Couture Fashion Week.

At a subsequent event at the French Ministry of Culture, Victoria Beckham was made a Knight of the Order of Arts and Letters for her work as a fashion designer.

Last week, 26-year-old Brooklyn declared that he has no wish to reconcile with the family, and said that he is “standing up” for himself “for the first time” in his life.

He went on to claim that his parents had tried “endlessly to ruin” his relationship with his wife, the billionaire heiress Nicola Peltz Beckham.

He accused his mother Victoria of cancelling the making of his wife’s wedding dress “in the eleventh hour” and of hijacking their first dance together.

David and Victoria Beckham leaving a ceremony at the Ministry of Culture in Paris on January 26, 2026, a week after their son Brooklyn’s bombshell public statement (Sebastien Dupuy/AFP via Getty Images)
Cruz Beckham with his girlfriend Jackie Apostel leaving the French Ministry of Culture after attending a ceremony honoring his mother Victoria, a week after his brother Brooklyn’s public statement about their family feud (Sebastien Dupuy/AFP via Getty Images)

“In front of our 500 wedding guests, Marc Anthony called me to the stage, where in the schedule was planned to be my romantic dance with my wife but instead my mum was waiting to dance with me instead,” wrote Brooklyn.

“She danced very inappropriately on me in front of everyone. I’ve never felt more uncomfortable or humiliated in my entire life.”

DJ Fat Tony, who was at the wedding, has agreed with Brooklyn’s claim that Victoria’s behaviour was “inappropriate”, solely due to “the timing”.

Watch Apple TV+ free for 7 day

New subscribers only. £9.99/mo. after free trial. Plan auto-renews until cancelled.

Try for free

ADVERTISEMENT. If you sign up to this service we will earn commission. This revenue helps to fund journalism across The Independent.

Watch Apple TV+ free for 7 day

New subscribers only. £9.99/mo. after free trial. Plan auto-renews until cancelled.

Try for free

ADVERTISEMENT. If you sign up to this service we will earn commission. This revenue helps to fund journalism across The Independent.

He said that singer Mark Anthony called Victoria to the stage in place of Peltz and called the former Spice Girl “the most beautiful woman in the room”, which “devastated” Brooklyn and sent Peltz out of the room in tears.

In his first public response to his son’s statement, David Beckham told CNBC’s Squawk Box that “you have to let your children make mistakes” while speaking about the power of social media.

“They make mistakes, but children are allowed to make mistakes. That is how they learn,” said David Beckham. “That is what I try to teach my kids, you sometimes have to let them make those mistakes as well.”

Opinions have been split on the family drama, with several commentators speaking out to back the parents. Comedian Katherine Ryan said Brooklyn should “grow up”, while Jimmy Carr described him as an “entitled nepo baby.”

“He claims he’s not just a nepo baby, he’s a chef,” Carr quipped. “I think he’s so entitled he’s mixed up being a chef with making his own dinner. He probably brushes his teeth and thinks, ‘I’m actually a f***ing brilliant dentist.’”